• 1/4 cup (50 ml) non-fat mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) blue cheese, crumbled
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) snipped fresh chives
• 4 slices lean bacon
• 1 small avocado
• 8 slices multigrain or sourdough bread, toasted
• 4 oz (125 g) watercress, tough stems trimmed
• 3/4 lb (375 g) fresh-roasted turkey breast slices
• 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
• 4 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Combine mayonnaise, blue cheese, and chives in small bowl.
2. Cook bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain, then tear into small pieces. Pit, peel, and thinly slice avocado.
3. Spread blue cheese mixture evenly on bread. Layer 4 slices with watercress, turkey, tomatoes, scallions, avocado, and bacon. Top with remaining bread, and cut sandwiches diagonally in half.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
Turkey Cobb Salad Sandwiches