• 3 cups (750 ml) sodium-reduced chicken broth
• 2 green onions, sliced
• 1each rib celery and carrot, sliced
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) each pepper and dried thyme
• 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
• 1 cup (250 ml) vermicelli egg noodles
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) frozen peas, thawed
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) grated onion
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) minced fresh parsley
• 1/4 tsp (1 ml) each salt and pepper
• 1 lb (500 g) lean ground turkey or veal
Meatballs: In bowl, combine egg, onion, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; mix in turkey. Shape by 1 tbsp (15 ml) into balls. Bake on greased baking sheet in 400°F (200°C) oven until digital thermometer inserted in centre of several reads 165°F (74°C), about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan, bring broth and 3 cups (750 ml) water to boil. Add green onions, celery, carrot, pepper and thyme; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add red pepper, egg noodles and meatballs; simmer, covered, until pasta is al dente, about 5 minutes.
Add peas and heat through.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures