MEAFORD, Ont. - Two firefighters are in hospital recovering from smoke inhalation after battling a blaze early today in Meaford, Ont.

The fire broke out at about 6 a.m. in a building containing an LCBO outlet, a restaurant and an upstairs apartment.

Police initially said that one person had died after a firefighter had no vital signs when pulled from the building but he was revived.

Both firefighters are now in stable condition.

The fire was contained to the back of the building but there is no word yet on a possible cause.