Metro columnist Marty York’s rant in the July 27-29 issue on “ultimate fighting” is unfair and should have been researched more before he so openly condemned it.
Broadly calling the sport “disgustingly barbaric” is his opinion, but can be easily debated by the educated sports fan. His comparison to the CFL, for example — a sport he admits to not having any drug testing (many Mixed Martial Arts promotions have drug testing commissions) — is a sport where players get jacked up, dress in suits of armour and smash into each other at full tilt … is that barbaric?
Mr. York should take a deeper look at the sport; there is a good chance he’ll be covering it in a few years when it becomes even more popular than boxing.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures