A man in his 20s has been arrested for allegedly shooting a
22-year-old woman during a bar fight early this morning in Scarborough.
The brawl sent five people to hospital. The woman has life-threatening injuries.
fight broke out around 3 a.m. at J & G's Bar and Eatery on Danforth
Rd., just east of Birchmount Rd., and spilled onto the street.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
During the brawl, one man stabbed four others, before one of his victims pulled a gun, Staff Sgt. Robert Sandford.
When the woman got between the two, the man shot her.
She was taken to hospital along with two of the men who were stabbed. Two others arrived at hospital without an ambulance.
All four stabbed men are expected to recover.
Mohammed Sarkar, who lives across the street, said he awoke to the sound of three or four gunshots.
"I was sleeping and I was hearing this noise," he said. "I saw two people lying on the (sidewalk) as the police came."
Within hours, police arrested one of the injured suspects.
"A firearm has been recovered, but we're testing it to see if it was the weapon used," Sandford said.
have identified the man believed responsible for the stabbings and are
searching for him. They are withholding his identity.
The bar is a small establishment at the end of a strip mall.
parking lot in front of the bar is covered with evidence markers, and
investigators are still on scene taking measurements, neighbours told
the Toronto Star.
They said they hadn't seen anything this violent in the area before.