Today’s workers struggle to stay productive during a typical business day.
Many spend hours in meetings, commuting, or playing phone and email tag with contacts — all while trying to keep up with growing customer demands. The right technology can help people cut down on time-consuming tasks, allowing them to do more in less time. Here are five ways technology can make work easier:
1. Eliminate bottlenecks: Employees can take advantage of technology to communicate and collaborate with co-workers in real-time.
For example, storing important documents on a shared workspace enables employees to find relevant information quickly and work on documents with colleagues in real-time.
2. Reduce business travel: Many companies justify costly business travel because of the value of face-to-face contact. Video conferencing is a good compromise for those seeking to cut travel costs by up to 40 per cent, while avoiding the physical and mentally draining effects of travelling.
3. Get closer to customers: Tracking down colleagues to get an answer for a customer inquiry can be a time-consuming process. Instant messaging technology gives staff access to a real-time list of available colleagues.
4. Shed unnecessary devices: It’s not about buying more technology, it’s about ensuring your existing tools work together as one.
5. Let technology take you places: Integrating voicemail, email, instant messenger, and mobile devices allows employees to work anywhere without being at risk of being unresponsive to colleagues and customers. Whether they’re in their car, at home or at client meetings, workers can remain connected to team members and the information they need to work effectively.