Mississauga-based Electrolux Home Care Products is recalling its
cordless stick vacuums after a woman in Richmond, B.C., suffered
third-degree burns while she was cleaning her home.
The woman told CBC that the vacuum exploded in her hands while she was cleaning the third floor in her home.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Apple Emoji update includes a llama, skateboard and some bagel drama 24 Pictures
Canada has also issued a warning to consumers to immediately stop using
the vacuums because the batteries on it can expand and burst.
The affected models were sold in Canada from November 2007 to March 2009.
They include the Ergorapido, Pronto, Precision, and Sanitaire by Precision vacuums by Eletrolux.
45,000 of the vacuums have been sold at major Canadian retailers that
include Costco, Canadian Tire, the Bay and Sears stores.
to Eletrolux, it has received a report of one injury in Canada and five
reports of damage to the vacuum its surroundings caused by the exploding
In the U.S., the company received two reports of minor
The company says consumers should immediately unplug and stop using the recalled vacuums and contact Electrolux for a free replacement of the handheld portion which contains the batteries.
Consumers should contact the company at 1-800-932-1778 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. ET, Monday-Friday to verify the product and arrange to receive a new handheld unit at no charge.