Bake up some tasty treats for your special Valentine. You’ll want to keep the recipe handy to bake more often during the year. Everyone who eats these cookies says, “Oh my God, these are amazing.”After that you can’t help but keep baking them.
Chocolate Caramel Cookie
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 12 minutes for each baking sheet
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 bag (300 g) mini chocolate chips
- 4 bars (52 g each) caramel filled chocolate bars or candies (such as Caramilk or Rolo)
1. In large bowl, beat butter until light. Add brown and granulated sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined. Beat in vanilla.
2. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture until combined. Add chocolate chips and stir to distribute evenly.
3. Break chocolate bars into individual squares; set aside. Using tablespoon, scoop dough into hands; roll into ball. Make a small indentation with finger to insert chocolate square piece and roll again to cover chocolate and form ball. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake in 350 F (180 C) oven for about 12 minutes or until light golden. Let cool for 5 minutes in pan on rack. Remove to cooling rack and let cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Makes about 36 cookies
Freezer Storage: You can freeze the cookie dough or the baked cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Let thaw at room temperature.
Room temperature storage: Store cookies in cookie tin for up to three days.