• Check out some of these festive annual traditions going on around Metro Vancouver.
• CANADA PLACE. Watch the iconic sails transform into an array of light, colour and animation with spectacular nightly light shows on the sails. Go to christmas.canadaplace.ca for more.
• STANLEY PARK. Take a train ride through a forest illuminated by two million twinkling lights and enjoy animated displays and holiday sounds at the 12th Annual Bright Nights in Stanley Park. Go to vancouver.ca/parks for more.
• CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE. Enjoy the Christmas band that performs four times nightly and check out the more than 250,000 twinkling lights throughout the park. Go to capbridge.com for more.
• VANDUSEN BOTANICAL GARDEN Enjoy community choirs and more than a million twinkling lights at the 2009 Festival of Lights. Go to vandusengarden.org for more.
• WILD NEW YEAR’S EVE CRUISE. Ring in the new year aboard Harbour Cruise’s MV Britannia, with three levels, two DJs and two dance floors. Dec. 31. Go to boatcruises.com for more.
• POLAR BEAR SWIM. Cure your New Year’s Eve hangover by taking an icy dip in English Bay as part of the 90th annual Polar Bear Swim.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures