• 12 large white mushrooms
• 1 lb (500 g) veal cutlets
• 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
• Salt to taste
• 1/4 cup (50 ml)
• 2 tbsp (25 ml) margarine, cut into 4 pieces
• 3/4 cup (175 ml) dry Marsala wine
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 250ºF (120ºC). Place baking sheet on middle rack of oven. Trim ends of mushrooms, then thinly slice mushrooms and set aside.
2. Place veal between pieces of wax paper and pound with meat mallet, from centre out, to 1/3-in. (0.25-cm) thickness. Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Place flour in ziplock bag. Ad veal, a few slices at a time, and shake to coat.
3. Coat large frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and set over high heat. Melt 1 piece margarine in pan, tilting to coat. Sauté a few pieces of veal at a time until browned, about 1 minute per side. Transfer cutlets to baking sheet in oven, repeat with remaining veal, adding margarine as needed.
4. Sauté mushrooms in pan until golden, 3 minutes. Pour in Marsala, scraping up brown bits left in pan. Cook until pan juices are reduced to 1/2 cup (125 ml), 2 minutes. Return veal to pan, stacking if necessary. Turn to coat with hot pan juices and sprinkle with parsley.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca