Usually when we see panhandlers on the subway, we try to do everything possible to avoid them.We stick our faces into books or smartphones to avoid eye contact, or we listen to music hoping to avoid hearing what is being said by the person asking for money.
In this awesome prank video produced by CollegeHumor and Vitamin Water, a man posing as a panhandler boards a subway car in Philly and does the exact opposite of what everyone expects -- he brags about his accomplishments and success.
As soon as he steps on the subway, he starts off with the same greeting many of us are used to hearing. He says, "Excuse me ladies and gentleman, may I have your attention please.” He then lets everyone know that he and his family are hard workers and have become very successful. At one point, he pulls out a picture of his daughter and says, "Ladies and gentleman, this is my daughter, she has recently been accepted to an Ivy League school." I’m sure the riders weren't ready for that.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
When the passengers start to pay attention to his speech, they begin to smile, chuckle and show appreciation for the person they thought was going to disrupt their commute. One man offers a hug to the panhandler to show his support.