Your guests will love this classic cheesy crab dip! Or try the cheesy seafood free version if that suits your fancy.
- 1 pkg(250 g) brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup(50 mL) chili sauce
- 1 tsp(5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp(2 mL) salt
- 8 oz(250 g) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(50 mL) toasted, sliced almonds
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Blend cream cheese with the chili sauce, Worcestershire and salt until smooth. Stir in crab and onions.
STEP 2: Spread mixture evenly into a 9-in (23-cm) ovenproof pie plate or gratin dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with toasted almonds; serve hot.
• For a delicious holiday appetizer, serve with toast, sliced baguettes, crackers, bread sticks or fresh vegetables.
• For a seafood-free variation, substitute 8 oz (250 g) canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped for the crab.
• For an extra-cheesy dip, stir in 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Swiss cheese.