1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 medium onion
2 medium zucchinis
2 tbsp (25 ml) olive oil
1 can (15oz / 425g) fageolet beans
1 can (15oz / 425g) lentils
2 large sprigs of basil
2 medium tomatoes
2 tbsp (25 ml) crushed sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1 tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
Salt and black pepper
12 large black olives as garnish
1. Rinse, deseed and roughly chop peppers. Peel and slice onion. Trim, rinse, dry and thinly slice zucchinis.
2. Heat oil in large frying pan and brown peppers, onion and zucchinis over high heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, drain and rinse canned beans and lentils. Rinse, dry and tear basil leaves, and rinse, dry and roughly chop fresh tomatoes.
4. Add beans and lentils to pan, stir gently, then add basil, fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and vinegar.
5. Season mixture, then let heat through, stirring well. Stone olives if necessary.
6. Turn salad into warm dish, garnish with olives and serve immediately.
- Labrador retriever fetches top U.S. dog breed honor for record 28th year7 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures