• 1 lb (500 g) chicken breasts
• 1 cup (250 ml) fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
• 1 3/4 cups (425 ml) cornflakes, lightly crushed
• 4 tsp (20 ml) sesame seeds, plus extra to garnish
• 1 tsp (5 ml) chili powder, or to taste
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 white cabbage
• 1/2 chicory
• 2 heads endive
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped parsley
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh oregano
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh tarragon
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) white wine vinegar
• 5 tbsp (75 ml) olive oil
• 1 tsp (5 ml) clear honey
• pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally, then cut lengthwise into strips.
2. Place breadcrumbs, cornflakes, sesame seeds and chili powder in plastic bag and shake to mix well. Break eggs into shallow dish and beat lightly.
3. Dip chicken strips, one at time, in egg, then drop into plastic bag, a few at a time; shake to coat evenly with sesame seed mixture. As chicken strips are coated, transfer to two nonstick baking sheet in single layer.
4. Bake chicken strips 15–20 minutes, turning pieces over halfway through baking time.
5. Meanwhile, for salad, finely shred cabbage and place in large mixing bowl. Pull chicory and endive leaves apart and tear large ones into smaller pieces. Add to mixing bowl.
6. In small screwtop jar, shake herb dressing ingredients. Season with pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
7. Divide salad among 4 individual plates and pile cooked chicken pieces on top. Garnish with more sesame seeds, then serve.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures