- 8 oz (250 g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) pine nuts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 10 oz (300 g) penne
- 15 oz (425 g) canned tuna in spring water, drained
- 4.5 oz (125 g) canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) bottled capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking tray with baking paper and lay out cherry tomatoes, onion, garlic and pine nuts. Drizzle with oil, season to taste and gently toss. Roast 15–20 minutes or until tomatoes are softened and pine nuts are lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling water according to pack instructions.
3. For dressing, combine lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, mustard and capers in small bowl and mix thoroughly.
4. Once pasta is cooked, strain in colander, then return to pot. Add roasted tomato mixture, tuna, corn, parsley and dressing to pasta and mix gently, without breaking up tomatoes too much.
For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to rd.ca or check out Key Ingredients in this month's Reader's Digest, on newsstands now!