College is a big investment, so why not be sure it will pay off?
Whether you blameit on networking, privilegeor opportunity, students at some colleges just end up making more than others— a lot more in some cases.
In the top spot of the Department of Education's recent rankings was Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center-Shreveport, whose median salaries for former students stood at an impressive $186,500.
In fact, most of the top salaries went to schools offering medical, pharmacy and health science degrees.
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
Harvard was No. 8 and MIT came in at No. 9.
Analysts from the U.S. Department of Education’s College Scorecard came up with the numbers bypolling students 10 years after their enrollment.
Here are the 10 schools that get students the top salaries:
1. Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center-Shreveport: $186,500
2. SUNY Downstate Medical Center: $128,000
3. Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: $118,800
4. MCPHS University in Boston: $113,400
5.Samuel Merritt University in Oakland: $108,000
6.University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas: $106,900
7.University of the Sciences in Philadelphia: $95,800
8.Harvard University in Cambridge, $95,500
9.Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge: $89,200
10.Los Angeles County College of Nursing and Allied Health: $87,200