Homicide detectives are investigating the suspicious death of a woman in a quiet southwest community last night.
Neighbours in Bridlewood were shocked to come home last night to yellow police tape after a woman was found dead at 68 Bridlewood Crescent SW.
Police were called to the house by a relative who was worried about the victim’s welfare and found a woman dead under “suspicious circumstances,” according to police Duty Inspector Paul Stacey.
“Someone was worried when she didn’t show up to work and police came to check on her,” Stacy said.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Next door neighbour Rodalpho Monarrez told Metro the woman and her husband moved in about five years ago.
“She had a husband, I think he was away a lot for work truck driving or something. I didn’t sit down intimately with them, but talked to them passing by, watched their house sometimes,” he said.
Monarrez said he was surprised to have police knocking on his door when he got home.
“I don’t know what happened. They were really quiet, except for their dogs,” he added.
Another neighbour, 20-year-old Joe Baines said he didn’t see the couple around very often.
“They didn’t really come out a lot, we don’t know much about them, but I never expected this in our community and I have lived here for 12 years.”