I'm probably an anomaly, but I only drink stouts and porters, preferably the sweeter ones. I'm not a fan of Guinness at all, but a hearty stout or porter laced with chocolate, coffee or oatmeal is what you'll find in my glass.
- Mill Street Coffee Porter
- Yeti Oak-Aged Imperial Stout
- Rogue Chocolate Stout
- McAusland Saint Ambroise Oatmeal Stout
- Durham Black Kat
- C'est What? Hazelnut Coffee Porter
- just about any of the stouts from Scotch Irish Brewing
- And the faint dead away from the deliciousness of everything combined together beer - the elusive Founder's Breakfast Stout.
- In the summer, I switch to Sinha or Dragon Stout for something lighter.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
I find it odd that more women don't drink the darker beers; they're lower in calories, less carbonated and the coffee and chocolate flavoured ones go great with desserts.
Beer I like (in no particular order):
- Upper Canada Lager
- Sleeman's Cream Ale
- Rickard's Red
- Mill Street stuff (NOT that coffee porter)
And other fun ones that I can't think of right now.
Oh some trappist monk stuff:
- Leffe Blonde
Now I need to go home and have some!
I'm not a huge beer buff, but if the occasion calls for chicken wings, spicy Indian food, or traditional bratwurst, I can't resist. I tend to stay away from the stouts—too strong for me (I'm not really a girly girl but I do like lighter drinks).
In a spicy emergency, you can probably find one of these in my fridge:
- Amsterdam Blonde
- Hoegaarden (love the slight citrus aftertaste)
I definitely love to have a beer or two now and then. More often now. I usually prefer lighter beers but I do like Guinness. My male friends have a huge influence on me in that respect since none of my girlfriends drink beer; they like the sissy drinks. Too bad for them!
Some of my favorites are:
- Keith's (I love a pint of Keith's right after work)
- Sleeman's Honey Brown
And yes, I do drink Canadian, no matter how foul people say it is. Maybe I'm just patriotic.
- Email email@example.com share your favourite beers!