What you do:
- Sit on the floor with your legs straight in front of you. Inhale, bend your right knee and draw the heel back towards your perineum. Rest your right foot sole against your inner left thigh and lay the outer right leg on the floor with the shin at a right angle to the left leg.
- Press your inner right hand against your inner right groin and your left hand on the floor beside the hip. Exhale and turn the torso slightly to the left, lifting the torso as you push down on and ground the inner right thigh. Line up your navel with the middle of the left thigh.
- Reach out with your right hand to take the inner left foot, thumb on the sole. Inhale and lift the front torso, pressing the top of the left thigh into the floor and extending through the left heel. Use the pressure of the left hand on the floor to increase the twist to the left. Reach your left hand to the outside of the foot.
- Exhale and extend forward from the groins, not the hips. As you descend bend your elbows to the sides
- Lengthen forward into a comfortable stretch. The lower belly should touch the thighs first, the head last. Stay in the pose 1-3 minutes. Repeat on the other leg.