- Prepare for GoT season 8 with this Game of Thrones whisky 8 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
We all know the sad truth: Summer’s over and its back to school for everyone. From toddlers to retirees, there’s something about this time of year that gets people feeling anxious, excited, and ready for a fresh start. Here are some tips to lessen the anxiety and apprehension:
- For preschoolers: Heading off for the first time can be daunting. Parents, take this weekend to talk about school, but don’t overdo it. Most importantly, reassure your child that you’ll be there to pick them up at the end of the day. (Don’t be late, especially not during the first week!)
- For kids starting a new school: Try to find one other child in the school your child already knows, no matter what age, and spend some time with them before school starts.
- Parents: Take time out this weekend to make sure everything’s ready for your children’s first day at school. From backpacks to lunch boxes, pencils, pens and markers, label what’s necessary, and have their lunches ready to go. Be prepared, so that first morning can be as relaxed as possible.