Summer reading is always a refreshing treat, and lately, many people are using the chance to boost their spiritual side. My informal research introduced me to these choices:
- The Secret, edited by Rhonda Byrne, has endured based on its positive outlook. Many people I spoke with said reading it was “life-changing.”
- Deepak Chopra’s Buddha, A Story Of Enlightenment. Written as a “sacred journey,” this book is a reiteration of Buddha’s lessons.
- My Friend Leonard, by James Frey, the followup to A Million Little Pieces.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini, the author of The Kite Runner. A story of love, friendship and family spanning the last three decades of Afghanistan’s history.
- A Woman In Charge: The Life Of Hillary Rodham Clinton by Carl Bernstein. A detailed and sophisticated account of a midwestern girl who’s taken American politics by storm.