Home
 
Choose Your City
Change City

Young N.S. family loses newly purchased home in early morning fire

IRON ROCK, N.S. - What was supposed to be the first night in their new house for a young Nova Scotia family became the last after an early morning fire.

IRON ROCK, N.S. - What was supposed to be the first night in their new house for a young Nova Scotia family became the last after an early morning fire.

The fire, which destroyed the newly purchased house, broke out today around 3:30 a.m. in Iron Rock, about 20 kilometres south of New Glasgow.

The Red Cross says the young couple and their two-week-old baby were not hurt in the fire.

The organization says it appears the fire started in the chimney attached to a wood stove, though it remains under investigation.

While the couple had just bought the home, the Red Cross says it was an older house.

The family is staying with relatives in the meantime.

 
 
You Might Also Like