Find the fragrance that’s right for you with these tips from perfume pro and Kit expert Danny Ventura.
“It’s not simple. It’s very difficult. Bottom line: fragrance is an abstract thing. You love it or you don’t,” says Ventura, international training manager of Beauté Prestige International.
How does a woman choose from the hundreds of fragrances on store counters?
“I break it down into steps:
1. I ask women to pick a time in their lives when they were the happiest. Was it a birthday? An unforgettable vacation?
Try to remember what you were smelling.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
2. Let’s work on the assumption that it was a holiday in the mountains — fir trees, rain and wet leaves.
Go to the store and ask a beauty consultant to find you three fragrances that smell like fresh air.
3. Try one on your left arm, one on your right arm and one on a tester card, then go and have lunch. Let the fragrance dry down.
4. Once you’ve decided which one you like, go back, get a sample and wear it for a couple of days. If you receive compliments, you’re on the right track. If you like it yourself, go back and buy it.”
– Subscribe for free to TheKit.ca and discover the digital world of beauty.