Fresh Retail: Common Sort
For Nearly a decade fashion photographer and avid shopper Nicole Babin has been collecting vintage and quirky pieces for her photo shoots, and she recently started selling off some of her finds at the The Clothing Show. The response was so strong that she decided to open a consignment shop featuring carefully selected pieces.
Enter Common Sort (804 Queen St. E. at Degrassi), Babin’s resale boutique in Leslieville where savvy consumers can buy, sell or trade hip clothing and accessories. The stock is a rotating mix of brand-name labels, designer wear and quality vintage for both men and women with price tags that range from just $10 to $70. With fresh scores arriving almost daily, it’s wise to visit often. Spotted recently: Diane Von Furstenberg satin flats ($50) and a Hugo Boss men’s shirt for a mere $24.
Yummy Mummy Farewell Sale
If you’re preggers or planning to be anytime soon, mark your calendars — next weekend (May 23 and 24, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.) is the date for the very last Yummy Mummy sale. This popular Canadian line of funky and flattering maternity wear is going out of production after 10 years of creating cool fashion options for those with growing bumps.
Expect a lineup, but the wait is worth the savings, as all merchandise will be marked down by 40 to 70 per cent. Many items will be one or few of a kind, and will not be available again.
Don’t miss this final chance to scoop up some foxy threads that celebrate a swelling belly in style.
Where: Lilith, 541 Queen St. W. (near Spadina), 416-703-4111.
Note: This is a cash-only sale (no debit, cheques or credit cards accepted).
Biz Tips for Misfits at Peach Berserk
Thinking of starting up your own fashion business, but not sure where to start? Consider signing up for veteran DIY-diva Kingi Carpenter’s creative business seminar tonight (7 to 9) at her studio and shop Peach Berserk (507 Queen W., near Spadina).
Aimed at potential entrepreneurs, this informal how-to session covers all the basics of launching your own crafty/fashion business on a budget: How to market yourself, selling and pricing tips, your online presence, plus insider advice on how to keep yourself afloat long term.
There’s also a Q&A element at the end for those with specific queries.
Cost: $49, plus GST. Call 416-504-1711 or visit: www.peachberserk.com
Latest From ...
- How to see the ‘super blood wolf moon' eclipse this weekendNYC food carts now receive letter grades from health departmentEntertainment
- Will there be a Punisher season 3? Here's what we knowThe Punisher season 2 ending explained: What happens to Jigsaw?Lifestyle
- Is Costco open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Sports
- Michael Dal Colle nets NHL 1st, Islanders keep rolling in win vs. DevilsNHL Jets Predators free live stream, watch online
- How to see the ‘super blood wolf moon' eclipse this weekendNYC food carts now receive letter grades from health departmentL train shutdown officially off, MTA saysWill there be a Punisher season 3? Here's what we knowThe Punisher season 2 ending explained: What happens to Jigsaw?Why did Jenelle Evans say she's quitting Teen Mom 2?Is Costco open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Finding the perfect outdoor space with the cast of Backyard Envy