143 Putman Ave.
Dinner for two with drinks: $30
Signature Dish: Pizza ($8 to $17 depending on size and selection)
I’m always on the lookout for a restaurant that satisfies all the different palates in my family, being outnumbered in the under 12 region. So, when there’s an option for a meal we can all enjoy that’s beyond the “big box” restaurants, I’m keen to go.
ZaZaZa is to pizza what The Works is to hamburgers. And, in fact, it is owned by the same people. From plain pizza with cheese (my kids’ favourite) to another with pear, pecans, brie and arugula, the options are diverse. Though the place is tiny, with only 25 seats, the service is big and friendly.
To start, the Potato Crisps ($3.47) were spicy, crispy and came with a creamy feta dipping sauce. My Crazy Horse pizza ($9.69 for the 10-inch) was loaded with spinach leaves, mushrooms, chicken, red onions, pine nuts and goat cheese, all the flavours melding together merrily. But the Surf Da Turf ($10.96), which only contained four pieces of steak and four shrimp, was declared skimpy and even bland since the cheese was simply plain mozzarella. Next time, I may be brave enough to try the Scary Roommate with sauce, cheese, Kraft Dinner and hot dogs.
For dessert, Bill’s Threesome ($4.67) satisfied many forks with its appeal of chocolate, peanut butter and banana.
ZaZaZa is novel, but sits on the flat side of the pizza wheel.
Foolish Chicken At Foolish Chicken, you can find more than just chicken. Perfect with your pint is marinated, braised, and grilled ribs or pulled pork sandwiches. They also offer a private upper level for parties. 79 Holland Ave. (613) 321-4715
Nandos Experience authentic frame-grilled chicken cooked in the Portuguese style at Nandos. Relying on the heat from piri piri this place is piquant but can cook it to order for milder taste buds. 1461 Merivale Rd., (613) 749-7445
ATTEND the opening of the Carp Farmers’ Market this Saturday in Carp from 8 a.m. to 1p.m. www.carpfarmersmarket.com.
SPOIL your mom at a Mother’s Day Brunch this Sunday at Strathmere from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. www.strathmere.com.
Latest From ...
- Federal employees affected by shutdown can head to these NYC spots for free meals on Tuesd...When Wall Street was a wall, and why it didn't workEntertainment
- Is the Lion King on Netflix?How many kids does Kate Middleton have?Lifestyle
- Is Starbucks open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Sports
- Subs key in Penn's Big 5 title clinching win over TempleEagles must make critical offseason decisions on offensive, defensive lines
- Federal employees affected by shutdown can head to these NYC spots for free meals on Tuesd...When Wall Street was a wall, and why it didn't workUpdate: Whoopi Goldberg apologizes for telling de Blasio that bike lanes are 'screwing' up...Is the Lion King on Netflix?How many kids does Kate Middleton have?Conan O'Brien's TBS talk show returns with a whole new look and formatIs Starbucks open on Martin Luther King Day?Is Wawa open on MLK Day?Finding the perfect outdoor space with the cast of Backyard Envy