Zucchini and Bean Soup
Submitted by Karen Benevento, Brampton, ON
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chunked
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 carton low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can beans (kidney, chickpea or a mix), drained and rinsed
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- 1. In large pot, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 2. Add zucchini and cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes.
- 3. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste and continue to sauté, stirring to prevent vegetables from scorching, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Gently stir in tomatoes. Add broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and add beans.
- 5. Simmer until beans are heated through.
- 6. Serve with rolls or warmed hearty multigrain bread.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes