‘Tis a proud, proud day for Bobcats as Ohio University in Athens, Ohio is ranked the nation’s top party school in the annual Princeton Review. It’s a title that OU students feel is undoubtedly justified, given the campus’ raucous Halloween party each year, responsible for plenty of fond memories…or lack thereof.
There must be something about schools in Athens, because the University of Georgia, in Athens, Georgia, snagged the #2 spot. It was #1 last year. Don’t feel too bad, University of Georgia. OU students worked extra hard this past year, throwing a Halloween celebration that resulted in nearly 80 arrests, compared to just 51 the year before. It’s hard to compete with that.
It’s not just Halloween that makes students from all over the country flock to OU to experience it’s one-of-a-kind party culture. There is always a party rocking the bricks in Athens. Palmer Fest, Oak Fest, High Fest and the upcoming 9 Fest (which has grown significantly each year since 1 Fest) are just a few of the school’s annual celebrations of epic proportions.
Ohio was also ranked in several other Princeton Review categories this year, including lots of beer (#1), lots of hard liquor (#2) and most beautiful campus (#11).
Ohio does, however, also rank #12 on the list of schools where students study the least. But as an OU alumna myself, this Bobkitten can tell you that there is hope for a productive career and life post-Athens. Congratulations, OU!
Here’s the full list of Princeton Review’s 2012 Party School Rankings:
1. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
2. University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
3. University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
4. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
5. University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
6. West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
7. Penn State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
8. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
9. University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
10. University of Texas, Austin, Texas
11. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
12. Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
13. Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
14. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
15. DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana
16. Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
17. Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
18. University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
19. University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont
20. University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
Find more about college life on EducationOption.