Public meetings will be held Monday and Tuesday to discuss how money raised through One Fund Boston should be distributed to the Boston Marathon bombing victims.
The charity, established by Gov. Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino the day after the explosions, has raised nearly $29 million so far.
Kenneth Feinberg, the fund’s administrator, will meet with victims and their families at the Boston Public Library on Copley Square starting at 6 p.m. Monday. A second meeting is scheduled Tuesday at 10 a.m.
Feinberg is expected to release a preliminary distribution proposal before the meetings. He told the Boston Globe last week that he anticipates giving $1 million or more to the families of Martin Richard, Krystle Campbell and Lingzi Lu, the three people killed in the April 15 blasts.
In all, more than 260 people were hurt in the bombings, including more than a dozen who lost limbs. Amputees would likely also receive about $1 million, with smaller amounts going to those with less severe injuries.
“There is probably not enough money,” Feinberg said in a Globe interview. “If you spread it too thin, the money you give out isn’t going to be meaningful.”
Feinberg, who also managed victims’ compensation funds after the 9/11 attacks and Deepwater Horizon oil spill, said payments will be made by the end of June.
Follow Metro Boston on Twitter: @MetroBos