Pets perish in blaze at mobile home - Metro US

Pets perish in blaze at mobile home

At least two family pets were killed in a fire yesterday morning that engulfed a mobile home in Beaver Bank.

Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency Service spokesman Capt. Dave Meldrum said no people were home when the blaze broke out around 10:30 a.m. at 156 Milo Terr. in Woodbine Trailer Court.

He said a dog and cat did die in the blaze, with another cat unaccounted for.

“There was a large amount of fire on arrival,” Meldrum said. “One of the first actions the first crew did in attacking the fire itself was … they wet down the homes around the one that was on fire to make sure it didn’t spread to them.”

Fire investigators arrived on scene yesterday afternoon after the blaze was extinguished.

Meldrum said it would probably take a day or two before a cause is determined.

More from our Sister Sites