A poultry house in Delaware caught ablaze Wednesday evening, leading to the demise of some 21,000 egg-laying chickens.
The fire broke out in a 500-foot-long poultry house in Gumboro, Delaware, CBS reported.
The fire is believed to be accidental and caused by an electrical malfunction, the Delaware State Fire Marshall’s office reportedly found.
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 44 Pictures
- SantaCon descends upon NYC (photos) 15 Pictures
After the blaze sparked it cooked up the entire poultry house, full of six-week-old chickens, reports say.
Damage from the fire is estimated at $400,000, according to the Fire Marshall’s office.
The name of the farm where the fire took place was not immediately available.