At least 10 people were hospitalized Wednesday in Delaware County following reports of an unusual odor in an office building, reports said.
The incident happened around 12:10 p.m. on Wednesday at 2 Scott Way in Tinicum Township, Delaware County,6ABC reported. The entire building was evacuated and at least 10 people were taken to Taylor Hospital and Chester Crozer Medical Center for treatment.
RELATED:Delcowoman found dead in bathtub
Philly.com, which reported the number of people taken to the hospital as 16, said the symptoms of those treated included dizziness and difficulty breathing.
Ed Beebe, deputy director of emergency services for Delaware County, told Philly.com that the odor was believe to have come from the building’s boiler room.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
According to 6ABC, police say a faulty heater led to high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.
The all clear was given at 1:50 p.m. and people were allowed to go back inside the building, 6ABC reported.