A 12-year-old girl is dead after a constable serving an eviction fired at an armed tenant but also hit his daughter.
When Constable Clarke Steele served an eviction notice to Donald Meyer, 57, the tenant opened the door with a rifle over his shoulder, Philly.com reported. After Meyer pointed his rifle at Steele, the constable pulled his handgun and fired, hitting Meyer in the left arm.
The bullet passed through his arm and hit his daughter, Ciara, who was pronounced dead at the scene, PennLive reported in a related article.
The incident took place at the Pfautz Apartments near Duncannon, according to the Sentinel, which added that the shooting caused concern for the Susquenita School District, which said in an email that it is considering its effects on its students.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
Meyer was charged with aggravated and simple assault, making terrorist threats and reckless endangerment, PennLive added.
Neighbor Sarah Harman was quoted by PennLive, saying that Ciara “was a sweet little girl – so kind, so loving. I just hope she didn't suffer."