Curious how many games the Eagles will win this year? Here’s your handy guide. Tally each “yes” answer as a win, each “no” as a loss. You do the math:
- 1. No doubt Sam Bradford moves this offense. But will the oft-injured QB start and finish at least 13 games and – more importantly – be playing in December?
- 2. Byron Maxwell signed a $63 million contract to anchor the Eagles secondary. Recalling past free agent cornerbacks, are you confident he’ll perform closer to Troy Vincent than Nnamdi Asomugha?
- 3. The special teams and defense scored 11 touchdowns in 2014 – third-most all-time. That’s unlikely to happen again. So let’s be fair: Can they score seven times through turnovers and returns?
- 4. Trends suggest DeMarco Murray seriously backslides after lugging the ball 497 times for the Cowboys last season. Chip Kelly won’t hand him that workload, but are you confident Murray can match his 4.8 yards-per-carry career average?
- 5. Speaking of Murray, Dallas replaced him with a guy named Christine (Michael). Will that drop-off in talent will put the Cowboys’ defense on the field long enough to expose their ineptitude?
- 6. Are you feeling good about placekicker Cody Parkey’s groin?
- 7. Inside linebacker should be a strength for the Eagles. Of course, that’s only if they get healthy seasons from Kiko Alonso, Demeco Ryans and Mychal Kendricks. So . . . will they?
- 8. Remember Evan Mathis and Todd Herremans? They’re gone. Ever heard of Allen Barbre and Andrew Gardner? They’re your starting guards. Does that make you feel warm and fuzzy?
- 9. Do you agree Fletcher Cox got ripped off by not making the Pro Bowl last year, and – along with Bennie Logan and Cedric Thornton – now gives the Eagles an elite front three deserved of a cool nickname?
- 10. We concur, the Giants and Redskins are both dog meat this season, right?
- 11. Let’s see . . . Jordan Matthews and rookie Nelson Agholor. How about a combined 140 catches and 1,800 yards from the young receivers?
- 12. Will defense coordinator Billy Davis be able to figure out this nickel cornerback situation, either with rookie Eric Rowe or anyone else?
- 13. Lane Johnson hasn’t been a bust over his first two seasons, but he hasn’t been great. Is this the season he justifies his No. 4 overall pick in 2013?
- 14. Can we expect any production from last year’s first-rounder Marcus Smith? Anything? Hello? Anything at all?
- 15. Last year was a fine one for Brandon Graham (finally played like a top draft pick) and Connor Barwin (established himself as the coolest guy in town). They combined for 20 sacks. Will they do it again?
- 16. Simple: Is Chip Kelly the smartest guy in the room?
What’s your tally? I got “no” on 3, 7, 8, 12 and 14, which means I forecast an 11-5 season. Of course, if the answer to Question 1 is a “no,” the quiz likely ends there.
See you in the playoffs.
RELATED LINK: Eagles inside linebackers are ready to go