Don’t ever say you’ve exhausted all of the interesting lunch options in Center City — because there are so many off-the-beaten path dishes to try, including the Foie Gras and BBQ Eel at the Ritz Carlton’s Aqimero, which just opened officially on June 23.
It’s sushi but with an earthy kick — black sticky rice envelopes barbecued eel, kabayaki sauce and cucumber, topped with buttery slices of foie gras and poblano pepper.
The combination of flavors is exhilarating but I recommend sharing this dish — it is very satiating and foie gras is definitely something you definitely want to savor in good company.
Looking for another bite to complement your meal since you’re sharing? To help balance out the deepness of the Foie Gras and BBQ Eel, we ordered a side of carmelized plaintains. The chipotle honey butter creates sweet and savory perfection that smoothed out with the addition of the refreshing crema fresca. No need for dessert at this lunch. Salud!
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures