There's nothing wrong with supermarket bouquets—nothing at all. On an ordinary day, bargain carnations are a convenient and inexpensive way to show someone you care. But for Mother's Day? Well, for Mother's Day, you have to up your flower game, kids. Luckily, Philly has no shortage of homegrown businesses up to the task.
Rittenhouse pros Pure Design does it all: corporate events, movie sets, dinner parties and, yes, Mother's Day. Request a custom arrangement, or choose from 13 of their holiday offerings—from modern, minimalist orchids to poufy peonies—created with mama in mind.
500 S. 22nd St., Puredesignflorist.com
Flowers and Company
Forgot to place an order? Flowers and Company has you covered. Known for their pre-made, on-the-go bouquets, this aggressively adorable Rittenhouse shop has been making absent-minded husbands look thoughtful for years. Add a handwritten note and you, friend, just earned favorite child status.
119 S. 19th St., Flowersandcompany.net
Headhouse Farmers' Market
Now that the Headhouse Farmers' Market is back in action, locally-grown blooms can be yours every Sunday. Swing by before brunch for a farm-fresh arrangement, and don't forget a bag of croissants—your mom deserves croissants.
Open Sundays, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; Second and Lombard streets, Thefoodtrust.org
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Petit Jardin en Ville
Boasting French-trained florists, this Old City gem feels more like a Parisian boutique. The fleurs are second to none—if you can find prettier peonies, we'll eat them—and their selection of Francophile gardening tools make the perfect gift add-on.
134 N. Third St., Petitjardinenville.com
Main Line go-to Cottage Flowers is known for their modern-rustic wedding designs, but the charming studio does holiday and seasonal arrangements, as well. Warning: Once you see their flower crowns, you will be unable to resist their flower crowns—are you ready to show up to brunch in a flower crown?
222 Roberts Lane, Malvern, Cottageflowersdesign.com