A 21-year-old man is dead Tuesday after accidentally shooting and killing himself at a gun range near Center City, police said.
The incident occurred at The Gun Range, an indoor shooting range on the 500 block of Percy Streetnear Spring Garden and 10thstreets. Around 7:15 p.m., a man cleaning his weapon accidentally shot himself in the chest, 6ABC reported.
According to police, the man was handlingthe weapon as though it was jammed. During that time, the gun misfired and a bullet fired into the left side of the man's chest, NBC10 reported.
Reports say the man was rushed to Hahnemann University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 7:34p.m.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
His identity has not been released. Police said they don't believe foul play was involved.