We knew this time would come.
The Sixers have reportedly been talking to New Orleans about making a deal that would send former third round pick center Jahlil Okafor, 21, to the Pelicans.
The deal, according to The Veritcal'sAdrian Wojnarowski could get done today, and would net Philly centerAlexis Ajinca and a future first-round pick. Other sources repeated the same information Monday afternoon and allude to the first rounder being a protected pick. Woj cites USA Today for breaking the news.
Woj also cited one small hang up — that New Orleans wants Philly to take on Omir Asik's $34.8 million contract. The Sixers have no interest in doing so, but a deal is still very possible.
Other contemplation suggests, as some recent rumors have inferred, that the Sixers might be trying to reacquire Jrue Holiday, the point guard they traded away just prior to the start of the Sam Hinkie era.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
The trade could be finished as soon as Monday evening.
Philadelphia and New Orleans engaging in talks focused on a trade for 76ers center Jahlil Okafor, league sources tell @TheVertical.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) February 6, 2017