SEPTA: Regional Rail pairing with express buses for rush hours
As commuters wait for Silverliner V cars to be put back in service, express busing will give Regional Rail muscles starting September.
For commuters on SEPTA’s Regional Rail, crowding and delays aren’t expected to crush your ride as vacations end and students go back to school. SEPTA announced supplemental Express Bus service during rush hours starting Sept. 6.
On weekdays from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and again 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., service for the following lines is getting a boost:
Chestnut Hill East and West Lines: Busing to and from the Fern Rock Transportation Center
- Morning buses departing from the Chestnut Hill East, with stops at Chestnut Hill West, Wyndmoor/St. Martins and Sedgwick.
- Afternoon buses departing from Fern Rock, with stops at the same stations
Fox Chase Line: Busing between Fox Chase Station and the Fern Rock Transportation Center
- Morning buses departing Fox Chase
- Afternoon buses departing Fern Rock
Airport, Warminster, West Trenton and Lansdale/Doylestown Lines: Busing between the Jenkintown-Wyncote and Elkins Park stations and the Fern Rock Transportation Center
- Morning buses departing from Jenkintown-Wyncote, with a stop at Elkins Park
- Afternoon buses departing from Fern Rock to the same stations
Manayunk/Norristown Line: Busing to and from Suburban Station
- Morning buses departing from Ivy Ridge, with stops at the Manayunk and Wissahickon stations
- Afternoon buses departing from 17th Street and JFK Boulevard to the same stations
Media/Elwyn Line: Busing between Swarthmore Station and AT&T Station
- Morning buses departing from Swarthmore
- Afternoon buses departing from AT&T Station
Regular transit fares will apply, SEPTA said.
For more information on express bus schedules and fares, click here.