Around 2 a.m. Tuesday at a 7-Eleven in Northeast Philadelphia, a suspect stole a car with a child sleeping in the backseat, ABC has reported, adding that the child was eventually discovered unharmed in the abandon vehicle.
The incident began when a man went into the 7-Eleven, leaving his stepson, 6, asleep in the backseat of the running car, NBC reported in a related article. While he was inside, the car was stolen.
Police said the thief drove away, heading to Roosevelt Boulevard, ABC added, also stating that police found the car, abandoned on Leiper Street, 30 minutes later.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The 6-year-old was still asleep inside the car when it was found, NBC reported, adding that he was reunited with his family.
Authorities were checking the car for fingerprints and DNA, according to ABC, which added that investigators are also reviewing surveillance video for images of the suspect.
The suspect remains at large, according to NBC.
Police have said that, once captured, the suspect with be charged with auto theft and kidnapping, ABC added.