Heavy snowfall across the Philadelphia region caused a few deaths.
A mother and child in New Jersey diedinside a car fromcarbon monoxide poisoning, due to the car being turned on while its muffler was blocked by snow.
The 23-year-old woman and her 1-year-old son were inside the car on Sherman Street in Passaic while the father began digging the car out of the snow.
- Fire devastates Notre-Dame, beloved architectural gem at heart of Paris11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
While the father was just outside the car, the woman and baby died from carbon monoxide poisoning before the father realized what was going on, NBC reported. A 3-year-old girl in the car was in critical condition.
Meanwhile, a manin Berks Countydied of carbon monoxide poisoning after his car wasplowed intoa snowbank while it was running and he was inside it, CBS reported.
David Perrotto, 56, was trying to dig his car out on Saturday night in Muhlenberg Township, and was inside the running car when a snow plow passed by, burying the car, blocking his tailpipe and preventing him from exiting.