The defending champs are back in familiar territory — at least according to one of the two leading college basketball polls — as Villanova's convincing wins over Big East foes St. John's and Xavier have them back at No. 1 in the AP poll.
It's far from unanimous though, as No. 2 ranked Kansas actually received more first place votes, 32, than Nova did, 28. But according to their math the Wildcats are just a hair better.
In the USA Today poll, the Jayhawks are on top with Villanova a close second. UCLA is in third in both polls.
Nova had held the spot prior consecutively since winning the 2016 National Championship and winning its first 14 games of the 2016-17 season before faltering in Butler a few weeks ago.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Villanova likely won't relinquish it's ranking this week as their upcoming games against Seton Hall and Providence should be easy victories for the 17-1 Cats.