Villanova has been traveling a lot lately.
They spent a weekend in Brooklyn, another in Louisville and the last five days in Houston.
They left the Main Line last week as a college basketball team.
They came back as legends.
The Wildcats won their second National Championship 77-74 over North Carolina Monday night, and stepped foot on the Villanova campus for the first time Monday afternoon. They received a warm, hero's welcome on a chilly April day as thousands of fans, alum, students and quite a few kids welcomed the team at Villanova stadium.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
"I couldn't have asked for a better way to go out, Nova Nation, National Champions, "senior Daniel Ochefu said.
The team paused to take a picture for twitter -- with their hoards of fans behind them. But not before the loudest cheer of the afternoon went out for Kris Jenkins, who drilled the game-winning 3-pointer to clinch the title.
"It's been an honor to be a part of the team," the junior said, "with these great guys and this great coaching staff. This is something they'll never ever be able to take away from us."