A Mt. Pocono woman was arrested Tuesday for allegedly firing a gun at a Burger King drive-thru after staff refused to give her free food.
Mary Check, 54, is charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault and recklessly endangering another person, the Stroud Area Regional Police Department announced.
Check was allegedly intoxicated when she pulled up to the Burger King around 11:09 a.m. Tuesday in a green minivan and began arguing with staff over a past order and demanding free food, police said.
"As the employee attempted to rectify Check's complaint, Check continued to yell and became more irate," a police report states. "After several minutes the employee returned to the window to speak with Check and observed Check pull out a black handgun and place it in her lap."
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The employee shouted at coworkers that Check had a gun as they all moved away from the window, as Check pointed the gun out the window "and shouted to the employees that she was going to shoot them," according to police. Check then fired, shattering the drive-thru window and striking the wall behind the counter before fleeing the scene.
No injuries to staff or customers were caused by the shooting.
Soon after, Check was involved in another incident inside the Cloud Crest Motel in Mt. Pocono, firing three shots at a male guest, according to the Pocono Record. One bullet went through a motel window, one hit an exterior wall, and a third hit the gas tank of a car parked outside.
The Pocono Mountain Regional Police Department responded to the scene and took Check into custody.
Check's arraignment has not yet been scheduled.