It’s back-to-school season once again and thousands of recent high school graduates and freshly minted young adults are starting their first year of college.
Among these students are probably a few starry eyeed dreamers who hope one day to be an actor. They are likely hesitant to start college, seeing it as a speed hump before launching their carreers in Hollywood.
Whoa there, cowboys and girls. Plenty of big name celebrities attended college and still managed to become superstars.
To prove it to you Metro has collected 12 celebrities who managed to burry their heads in studies for four or so years before beoming the huge stars they are today. The biggest surprise? Not all of them majored in theatre or acting (although a great deal did). For instance, Lisa Kudrow, who played the role of lovable airhead in the hit sitcom “Friends,” graduated from Vassar College with a degree in biology.
Check out the full list of celebrities who graduated from college below:
- Alec Baldwin – Graduated from Tisch School of the Arts at New York University
- Lisa Kudrow – Graduated from Vassar College
- Lucy Liu – Graduated from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Matthew McConaughey – Graduated from the University of Texas at Austin
- Natalie Portman – Graduated from Harvard University
- Sacha Baron Cohen – Graduated from Christ’s College Cambridge University
- Weird Al Yankovic – Graduated from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obisbo
- Steve Carell – Graduated from Denison University
- Rachel McAdams – Graduated from York University
- Ron Jeremy – Queens College New York
- Emma Watson – Brown University
- Jon Stewart – College of William and Mary
Matt Lee is a Web producer for Metro New York. He writes about almost everything and anything. Talk to him (or yell at him) on Twitter so he doesn’t feel lonely@mattlee2669.