Improving your basketball team is the easiest among the fantasy sports. There are so many options on waivers and depth charts are fluid.
Here are five guys to stash and wait for the breakout:
1. Tyrus Thomas, PF, Bobcats: Charlotte is really thin up front and Thomas’ ankle is almost ready. He’s expected to play Friday. With Corey Maggette (hamstring) down, Thomas should get plenty of burn. He’s a shot-blocking machine.
2. Brandon Rush, SF, Warriors: If Dorrel Wright keeps playing like this, he’s going to get benched. Rush has more raw talent anyway and will get burn in the meantime with Steph Curry (ankle) sidelined again.
3. Marreese Speights, PF, Grizzlies: Zach Randolph (knee) is out 6-8 weeks. The Grizz traded for Speights, who should quickly fight for the starting gig. Dante Cunningham is a bench player.
4. Iman Shumpert, G, Knicks: This rookie is really, really athletic. He can play both guard spots, two areas of need for the Knicks. Steals, boards, blocks aplenty.
5. Gary Neal, G, Spurs: A deadly 3-point shooter that is just working his way into shape off an appendectomy. Manu Ginobili (hand) is out six weeks.