Panda Fresh Bakery
• Location: East side of 1300 Pacific Blvd. South of Drake St. (near David Lam Park)
• Hours of Operation: Sunday to Saturday noon to 7 p.m.
• Try? As soon as you can
Croissants are the new ice cream cones. This bakery-in-a-schoolbus only sells croissants and a fantastic a la mode.
Panda puts two scoops into their ice cream croissants ($5). It’s a refreshing treat in one of the best and freshest croissants I’ve ever had. I hope this becomes a trend.
Their ham and cheese sandwich ($6) is also fresh and worth a try.
The Re-up BBQ
• Location: East side of 700 Hornby St. South of W. Georgia St. (behind the Vancouver Art Gallery)
• Hours of Operation: Monday to Saturday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Try? Yes, if you have a lot of time
The lineup at this cart will leave you drooling and impatient.
I waited half an hour for their pulled pork sandwich ($6), the only thing on the menu.
But it was worth it.
Tons of pork pack the Portuguese bun. It’s also jammed with coleslaw. The amount of smoky, tender meat is plenty to satisfy, especially after the lineup.
Ragazzi Pizza Co.
• Location: West side of 400 Burrard St. North of Pender St.
• Hours of Operation: Sunday to Saturday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Try? Definitely, if you love pizza
The cart is the street extension of the existing restaurant East 22nd Ave.
A slice of their prosciutto & funghi ($3) is heaven. Crispy thin crust topped with salty ham and button mushrooms is so good I risk getting tomato stains on my white shirt eating it and running down the street. It comes in a triangle shaped box for easy carrying.