In today’s paper, I talked about players that we should NOT be worried about. Vincent Jackson, Owen Daniels and Chris Johnson are three guys I’d buy low on right now.
But even after one week, panic is acceptable in certain situations. These guys don’t figure to get going anytime soon:
1. Austin Collie – He’s the third wideout on a team that now uses two-wide sets as their base thanks to Peyton Manning’s injury. Collie just isn’t going to get the snaps unless he passes Pierre Garcon on the depth chart.
2. Shonn Greene – Perhaps he’s just not that good. Greene doesn’t play on any passing downs, meaning the Jets need to be nursing a lead for him to have a big game.
3. LeGarrette Blount – See above, but even more so because the Bucs aren’t as good as the Jets. And Blount is a worse talent than Greene.
4. Chris Cooley – He’s been passed by Fred Davis as the tight end the Redskins want to feature in the passing game.
5. Dwayne Bowe – We knew the regression was coming, but it could be even worse than we feared. Losing OC Charlie Weis was huge. He made Matt Cassel into a respectable QB.