If the Phillies want to make a couple of major improvements right away, they will dump Jamie Moyer and Matt Stairs from the TV broadcast booth. Mike Schmidt’s Sunday visits proved just how dreadful the two rookie announcers have been.
Some broadcasters improve over time. Moyer and Stairs are hopeless.
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
Some other idle thoughts
- OK, let’s review the latest in the Ray Rice case. The Baltimore Ravens knew everything months ago, while commissioner Roger Goodell went out of his way to avoid the truth. So why these morally bankrupt Ravens executives still in charge? And why is see-no-evil Goodell still the commissioner?
- Heath Evans is an idiot – and now I am, too, for writing about the commentator for the NFL Network. Evans thinks he can get attention for his clueless opinions by bashing the Eagles and Chip Kelly at every opportunity. Well, he wins this round because I’m mentioning him right now. His day will come, though – at our parade next February.
- Well, that didn’t take long. In the very first week of training camp, Flyers captain Claude Giroux went down with a dreaded “lower-body in jury.” Any day now, chairman Ed Snider will be issuing a statement complaining about how unlucky his team is.
- Rutgers AD Julie Hermann thought it was funny to tell a Jerry Sandusky joke during a recent fund-raising meeting. This is the same train-wreck bureaucrat who abused her own players when she was a coach and publicly wished for the Newark Star-Ledger to go out of business. Somehow, she is still employed. What a country.