While the “Isaiah Thomas Revenge Game” will have to wait until Feb. 11, there will still be plenty of drama in the barn on Causeway Street tonight (8, NBC Sports Boston) when the Cleveland Cavaliers make their first trip of the season to Boston.
Kyrie Irving might go down as LeBron James’ biggest rival ever considering their less-than-amicable divorce this past year, and there’s been plenty of passive-aggressive bulletin board material that’s been thrown since the split.
In November, LeBron was asked by Bleacher Report’s Howard Beck about Thomas’ return to the team and LeBron said, “It’s been a while since I’ve had that clear-cut guy who can get guys involved but also score at the same time.”
When Kyrie originally asked for a trade out of Cleveland, LeBron posted an Instagram video with the song lyric: “[Racial expletive] said they with you when they really not.”
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
In October, Kyrie wore a hat that read, “Popularity contests are not truth contests.” He also was caught on video at a wedding, also attended by Steph Curry, keeled over laughing when Curry made fun of LeBron’s workout video.
Both sides have been hesitant to go into detail about their time together in Cleveland as well as the circumstances surrounding the blockbuster trade that had Thomas and Kyrie swapping cities.
The individual rivalry between LeBron and Kyrie took a backseat on opening night in Cleveland when Gordon Hayward went down with that gruesome injury in the opening minutes. Kyrie had 22 points and 10 assists while LeBron pumped in 29 points and had 16 rebounds in a 102-99 Cavaliers win.