The off-the-wall study group at Greendale Community College is back in session. In honor of the absurd sitcom's return, we've put together this pop quiz on some of the strangest, funniest episodes. Can you match the storylines to the proper episodes?
1. Attendees of the Greendale Halloween party turn into zombies. Troy (Donald Glover) saves the day by turning on the air conditioning, which breaks the "fever." The army arrives and erases everyone's memories.
2. The campus is turned into an apocalyptic wasteland after a paintball war breaks out.
- PHOTOS: Celebrities attend 'Avengers: Endgame' premiere in Los Angeles22 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
3. At Troy and Abed's (Danny Pudi) housewarming party, Jeff (Joel McHale) assigns a number to his six friends; they agree to roll a die to determine who will meet the pizza guy at the door. This results in Pierce (Chevy Chase) getting shot and Britta (Gillian Jacobs) starting a fire.
4. Jeff tips off Chang (Ken Jeong) that the Greendale glee club is illegally performing copyrighted songs; the singers are served with a cease-and-desist order. For the holiday pageant to go on as planned, the glee instructor uses mind control to get the study group to participate.
5. Annie (Alison Brie) breaks Abed's limited edition "The Dark Knight" DVD and lies, saying that it's been stolen. Batman himself investigates.
(scroll down for the answers)
1. The "zombie" fever was caused by supplies Dean Pelton (Jim Rash) bought at an army surplus store in Ep. 6, Season 2: "Epidemiology."
2. Greendale's annual paintball game turns serious after Pelton announces the prize — priority class registration — in "Modern Warfare"(Ep. 23, Season 1). The episode inspired the sequels "A Fistful of Paintballs" and "For a Few Paintballs More," the two-part Season 2 finale.
3. The entire episode explores the alternate universes that result from different rolls of the die in "Remedial Chaos Theory" (Ep. 4, Season 3).
4. "Regional Holiday Music" (Ep. 10, Season 3) was a "Glee" spoof.
5. In "Foosball and Nocturnal Vigilantism" (Ep. 9, Season 3), we also discover Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) once bullied Jeff so badly when they were kids that Jeff wet his pants.
Yes, these zany storylines are all part of the goofy joy in watching "Community."